Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Leptocoma calcostetha, William Jardine, 1842
The Copper-throated Sunbird (Leptocoma calcostetha) is a species of bird in the Nectariniidae family.
It is found in Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical mangrove forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Leptocoma calcostetha
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
- Ao Phang-Nga National Park
- Hat Chao Mai National Park
- Hat Khanom - Mu Koh Thale Tai National Park
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khanom District, Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khung Kraben Non-hunting Area
- Klaeng District, Rayong
- Laem Ngop District, Trat
- Mu Ko Chang National Park
- Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
- Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga
- Mueang Phuket District, Phuket
- Mueang Satun District, Satun
- Mueang Trat District, Trat
- Sikao District, Trang
- Sirinat National Park
- Su-ngai Kolok District, Narathiwat
- Takua Pa District, Phang Nga
- Tha Phae District, Satun
- Than Sadet - Koh Pha-Ngan National Park
- Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Leptocoma calcostetha in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.