Species of Thailand
Thai: นกเค้าแคระ, nok khao khrae
Binomial name: Glaucidium brodiei, E. Burton, 1836
The collared owlet (Glaucidium brodiei) is a species of owl in the Strigidae family. It is found in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Its natural habitat is temperate forests. It is the smallest owl in Asia, at 15 cm and 60 g.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Glaucidium brodiei
- Thai: นกเค้าแคระ, nok khao khrae
Glaucidium brodiei borneense, Richard Bowdler Sharpe, 1893
Glaucidium brodiei brodiei, E. Burton, 1836
Glaucidium brodiei pardalotum, Robert Swinhoe, 1863
Glaucidium brodiei sylvaticum, Charles Lucien Bonaparte, 1850
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Huai Yang Waterfall National Park
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Ang Rue Nai Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Khiao - Khao Chomphu Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Khitchakut National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khun Nan National Park
- Kui Buri National Park
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Fa Luang District, Chiang Rai
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Nam Nao National Park
- Pang Sida National Park
- Pathio District, Chumphon
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Soi Dao National Park
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi
- Tham Sakoen National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Glaucidium brodiei in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.