Species of Thailand
Black-spotted leaf-toed gecko
Binomial name: Dixonius melanostictus, Edward Harrison Taylor, 1962
The black-spotted leaf-toed gecko or scarce ground gecko (Dixonius melanostictus) is a species of lizard in the Gekkonidae family. It is endemic to Thailand.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Dixonius melanostictus
- German: Schwarzflecken-Blattfingergecko
- English: Black-spotted leaf-toed gecko
- Dixonius melanostictus, Nguyen Van Sang et al. (2009)
- Dixonius melanostictus, Tanya Chan-Ard et al. (1999)
- Dixonius melanostictus, Aaron Matthew Bauer et al. (1997)
- Phyllodactylus melanostictus, Arnold Girard Kluge (1993)
- Phyllodactylus melanostictus, Heinz Wermuth (1965)
- Phyllodactylus melanostictus, Edward Harrison Taylor (1963)
- Phyllodactylus melanostictus, Edward Harrison Taylor (1962)
Data Deficient (IUCN2.3)
No photo for this species yet
- Muak Lek District, Saraburi
- Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima
Range map of Dixonius melanostictus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.