Species of Thailand
Wrinkle-lipped free-tailed bat
Binomial name: Chaerephon plicata, Francis Buchanan-Hamilton, 1800
The wrinkle-lipped free-tailed bat (Chaerephon plicata) is a species of bat in the family Molossidae. It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Chaerephon plicata
- Chaerephon luzonus, J. E. Hill (1961)
- Tadarida plicata subspecies insularis, William Watt Addison Phillips (1932)
- Dysopes murinus, John Edward Gray (1830)
- Nyctinomus bengalensis, Anselme Gaëtan Desmarest (1820)
- Vespertilio plicatus, Francis Buchanan-Hamilton (1800)
- Tadarida plicata, Francis Buchanan-Hamilton (1800)
- Chaerephon plicata, Francis Buchanan-Hamilton (1800)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
Range map of Chaerephon plicata in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.