Species of Thailand
Bowring's supple skink
Binomial name: Lygosoma bowringii, Albert Charles Lewis Günther, 1864
Lygosoma bowringii, commonly known as the Christmas Island grass-skink or Bowring's supple skink, is a species of scincid lizard endemic to Southeast Asia.
- West Malaysia, Pulau Tioman, Johor: Pulau Besar, Pulau Sibu; India (Andaman Islands),
- Philippines (Sulu Archipelago),
- Indonesia (Borneo, Sumatra ?, Java, Sulawesi),
- China (Hong Kong ), Singapore, India,
- Indochina west to Myanmar (= Burma), Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia,
- Australia (Cook Islands)
Type locality: Hong Kong.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Lygosoma bowringii
- German: Bowrings Laubskink
- Christmas Island grass-skink
- Bowring’s supple skink
- Thai: จิ้งเหลนเรียวท้องเหลือง
- Lygosoma bowringii, Peter Geissler et al. (2012)
- Riopa bowringii, Vladimir V. Bobrov & Dmitry V. Semenov (2008)
- Lygosoma bowringii, Wolfgang Grossmann & Frank Tillack (2004)
- Riopa bowringi, Olivier S.G. Pauwels et al. (2003)
- Riopa bowringii, Rudolf Malkmus et al. (2002)
- Riopa bowringi, Hien et al. (2001)
- Lygosoma bowringii, Harold Cogger (2000)
- Riopa bowringi, Olivier S.G. Pauwels et al. (2000)
- Riopa bowringii, Tanya Chan-Ard et al. (1999)
- Lygosoma bowringii (Riopa bowringii), Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Riopa bowringii, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Lygosoma bowringii, Harold Cogger (1994)
- Mochlus bowringi, T. Ebenhard & P. Sjögren (1984)
- Riopa bowringi, Edward Harrison Taylor (1963)
- Riopa bowringi, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1935)
- Riopa bowringi, Emmett Reid Dunn (1927)
- Lygosoma whiteheadi, François Mocquard (1890)
- Lygosoma bowringii, George Albert Boulenger (1887)
- Lygosoma comotti, George Albert Boulenger (1887)
- Euprepes (Riopa) punctatolineatus, Wilhelm Karl Hartwich Peters (in error) (1871)
- Euprepes (Riopa) punctatostriatus, Wilhelm Karl Hartwich Peters (1871)
- Eumeces bowringii, Albert Charles Lewis Günther (1864)
- Ban Lat District, Phetchaburi
- Bang Lamung District, Chonburi
- Cha-Am District, Phetchaburi
- Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan District, Phetchaburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Klaeng District, Rayong
- Mu Ko Samet National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Mae Hong Son District, Mae Hong Son
- Mueang Phetchaburi District, Phetchaburi
- Tha Yang District, Phetchaburi
- Thap Sakae District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Wang Nam Khiao District, Nakhon Ratchasima
Range map of Lygosoma bowringii in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.