Species of Thailand
Thai: นกกระทาทุ่ง, nok kra-ta thung
Binomial name: Francolinus pintadeanus, Giovanni Antonio Scopoli, 1786
The Chinese Francolin (Francolinus pintadeanus) is a species of bird in the Phasianidae family.
It is found in Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical dry forests and subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests.
The females of the species seem to average slightly smaller than the males. On an average, the length of the bird is 12 - 13.4 cm and it weighs 10 - 14 g.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Francolinus pintadeanus
- Thai: นกกระทาทุ่ง, nok kra-ta thung
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
- Bang Phra Non-hunting Area
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chiang Khong District, Chiang Rai
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Tao District, Chiang Mai
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Khoi District, Saraburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Kui Buri National Park
- Mae Fa Luang District, Chiang Rai
- Mae Mo District, Lampang
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai
- Mueang Chonburi District, Chonburi
- Mueang Lampang District, Lampang
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nam Nao National Park
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Nong Ya Plong District, Phetchaburi
- Omkoi Wildlife Sanctuary
- Pa Sang District, Lamphun
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Pran Buri District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- San Sai District, Chiang Mai
- Sri Nakarin Dam National Park
- Thap Lan National Park
- Wat Phai Lom & Wat Ampu Wararam Non-hunting Area
Range map of Francolinus pintadeanus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.