Private Tour | Huai Mae Khamin Falls, Phra Tat Cave & The Bridge over River Kwai | day tour
Kanchanaburi Province in west Thailand is home to several natural and historical sites popular among both local and foreign tourists.
Huai Mae Khamin Falls is located over 40 km north of Erawan National Park, quite similar to Erawan Fall with emerald green ponds, but a much better choice and with less people around.
This one day tour includes a visit to Huai Mae Khamin in Sri Nakharin National Park, Phra That Cave in Erawan National Park and The Bridge over River Kwai in central Kanchanaburi.
- Our guide will pick you up from your hotel’s lobby or other agreed location with an a/c car at 8 am in the early morning to avoid the crowds at the waterfalls.
- Around 10 am we will reach Huai Mae Khamin Falls where we will spend 2.5 hours walking up to all tiers along a mostly boardwalk trail. It is possible to swim in one of many emerald green ponds. Good to bring with you hiking shoes, swimwear and towel.
- After having lunch at park restaurants near the visitor center we will drive you to Phra That Cave located right north of Erawan Fall. The cave is spacious with many beautiful stalactites and stalagmites, to be explored for an hour.
- Our next stop will be Srinakarin Dam where we will spend nearly an hour.
- Around 6 pm we will arrive at Kanchanaburi City to walk over The Bridge over River Kwai. The bridge is named after the film from 1957 based on the novel written by the French writer Pierre Boulle.
- The tour will end around 6:30 pm.
Where & When?
Our guide will meet you at 8 am in your hotel’s lobby or other agreed location in Kanchanaburi City where the tour will embark from. During the dry/hot seasons the water flow is less in Huai Mae Khamin Falls, but it will be beautiful as the water gets crystal clear and more ideal for swimming.
This full day tour can be booked all year-round.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,700 to 5,600 Baht per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: SUV or minivan with a/c
- Start: 8 pm
- End: 6 pm
What to bring:
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
This tour is a private tour. You'll be accompanied by an English speaking licensed guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore the waterfalls and the historic sites. The listed prices below include comfortable private transport, all entrance fees, refreshments and lunch.
The listed price below doesn't include pickup from the Sai Yok area where some popular raft houses are located. For an additional fee, it is possible to embark the tour from the Sai Yok area.
|Pax||Rate per person|
|8 and up||1,700 THB|
Tour rates include:
- All entrance fees
- Private transport from/to your hotel in Kanchanaburi
- Visit Huai Mae Khamin Waterfalls (in Sri Nakharin Dam National Park)
- Visit Phra That Cave in Erawan National Park
- Visit The Bridge Over River Kwai
- Private air conditioned car
- Private good English speaking tour guide
- Coffee break & snacks
- Drinking water
- Soft drinks