Private Tour | Day tour - Huai Mae Khamin Falls, Phra Tat Cave & The Bridge over River Kwai
Kanchanaburi Province in west Thailand is home to several natural and historical sites popular among both local and foreign tourists. Huai Mae Khamin Falls are located over 40 km north of Erawan National Park, quite similar falls with emerald green ponds, but much better choice. Due to it's remote location less people visits it.
This one day tour includes a visit to Huai Mae Khamin in Sri Nakharin National Park, Phra Tat Cave a bit north from the falls and The Bridge over River Kwai in central Kanchanaburi.
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel with an a/c car 8 a.m. in the early morning to avoid the crowds at the waterfalls. Around 10 am we will reach Huai Mae Khamin Falls where we will spend 2.5 hours to walk up to all tiers along mostly boardwalk trail. It is possible to swim in one of many emerald green ponds. Good to bring with you hiking shoes, swimwear and towel.
After having lunch at local restaurants near the visitor center we will drive you to Phra Tat Cave located south of the falls. The cave is spacious with many beautiful stalactites and stalagmites, to be explored for an hour.
Or next stop will be Sri Nakharin Dam where we will spend nearly an hour.
Around 6 p.m. we will arrive to Kanchanaburi City to walk over The Bridge over River Kwai. The bridge is named after the film from 1957 based on the novel written by the French writer Pierre Boulle. Around 6:30 p.m. the tour will end.
Where & When?
This full day tour can be booked all year-round. Our guide will meet you 8 a.m. at your hotel where the tour will start from, you will be taken back to your hotel around 6 p.m. on the evening. During the dry/hot seasons the water flow is less in Huai Mae Khamin Falls, but it will be beautiful as the water gets crystal clear and more ideal for swimming.
This tour is a private tour, can't be joined in group. You'll be accompanied by an English speaking licensed guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore the waterfalls and the historic sites. The listed prices below include private luxury transport, entrance fees, refreshments and lunch.
The price for this trip is 3,000 - 6,700 THB per person depending on group size.
We also help to arrange private transport from Bangkok, 2,500 Baht each way for 1-2 pax or 3,000 Baht for 3-9 people.
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||3,000 THB|
Tour rates include:
- All entrance fees
- Private transport from/to your hotel in Kanchanaburi
- Visit Huai Mae Khamin Waterfalls (in Sri Nakharin Dam National Park)
- Visit Phra That Cave
- Visit The Bridge Over River Kwai
- Private air conditioned car
- Private good English speaking tour guide
- Coffee break & snacks
- Drinking water
- Soft drinks
- 7% VAT
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 3,000 to 6,700 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Car
- Start: 8 p.m.
- End: 6 p.m.
What to bring:
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
All Sri Nakarin Dam tours
- Day Tour | Erawan Falls, Cave & Train ride
- Day Tour | Erawan Falls, Hellfire Pass, Cave & Historical Sites
- Day Tour | Erawan Falls & Historical Sites
- Day tour - Huai Mae Khamin Falls, Phra Tat Cave & The Bridge over River Kwai
- Day Tour | Erawan Falls, Cave & Historical Sites
- 2D1N | Sai Yok National Park, Erawan Falls, Raft House, Cave & Historical Sites
- 2D1N | Sai Yok National Park, Erawan Falls & camping in jungle