Species of Thailand
Hampton's slug-eating snake
Binomial name: Pareas hamptoni (George Albert Boulenger, 1905)
Pareas hamptoni, also known as Hampton's slug snake, is a species of snake in the family Colubridae.
The specific name, hamptoni, is in honor of Herbert Hampton, collector of the holotype.
P. hamptoni is found in Thailand, Myanmar, China, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
- Boulenger GA. 1905. Descriptions of Two New Snakes from Upper Burma. Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society 16: 235-236. (Amblycephalus hamptoni, new species, p. 236 + Figure 2, five views). (archive.org).
This article uses material from the Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Please see license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Pareas hamptoni
- German: Hamptons Schneckennatter
- English: Hampton's slug snake, Hampton's slug-eating snake
- Thai: งูกินทากลายขวั้น
- Pareas hamptoni, Gernot Vogel (2015)
- Pareas hamptoni, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Pareas hamptoni, Thomas Ziegler (2002)
- Dipsas hamptoni, Nguyen Van Sang & Ho Thu Cuc (1996)
- Pareas hamptoni, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1943)
- Amblycephalus carinatus berdmorei, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1930)
- Amblycephalus carinatus hainanus, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1923)
- Eberhardtia tonkinensis, F. Angel (1920)
- Amblycephalus hamptoni, George Albert Boulenger (1905)
Hampton's slug-eating snake is found in following locations in Thailand
Please note that this non-official list is not complete nor necessarily accurate. This list is a summary of checklists from other websites, blogs, publications, photo/videos published on various websites or our own findings. We appreciate your contributions with photo proof.
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
Range map of Pareas hamptoni in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are generated automatically based on very limited data we have about the protected sites, the data is not necessarily accurate. Please help us to improve our range maps by sharing your findings/knowledge.