Species of Thailand
Short-limbed supple skink
Binomial name: Lygosoma quadrupes (Carolus Linnaeus, 1766)
Lygosoma quadrupes (short-limbed supple skink or Linnaeus' writhing skink) is a species of skink which is found widely in Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, southern China, Hong Kong, West Malaysia, Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, Salayar), and the Philippines (Palawan, Calamian Islands)).
This article uses material from the Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Please see license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Lygosoma quadrupes
- German: Asiatischer Schlankskink
- English: Short-limbed supple skink, Linnaeus' writhing skink
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Thomas Ziegler et al. (2007)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Maren Gaulke (1999)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Gongylus brachypoda, Norman Frank & Erica Ramus (1995)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Walter C. Brown & Angel Chua Alcala (1980)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Allen Eddy Greer (1970)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Edward Harrison Taylor (1963)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1935)
- Lygosoma quadrupes, Doris Mable Cochran (1930)
- Lygosoma chalcides, George Albert Boulenger (1887)
- Eumeces chalcides, Joseph Leidy (1884)
- Lygosoma brachypoda, Johann Ludwig Christian Gravenhorst (1851)
- Lygosoma abdominalis, John Edward Gray (1839)
- Lygosoma brachypoda, André Marie Constant Duméril & Gabriel Bibron (1839)
- Podophis quadrupes, Arend Friedrich August Wiegmann (1834)
- Seps pentadactylus, François Marie Daudin (1802)
- Scincus brachypus, Johann Gottlob Theaenus Schneider (1799)
- Lacerta serpens, Marcus Elieser Bloch (1776)
- Anguis quadrupes, Carolus Linnaeus (1766)
Short-limbed supple skink is found in following locations in Thailand
Please note that this non-official list is not complete nor necessarily accurate. This list is a summary of checklists from other websites, blogs, publications, photo/videos published on various websites or our own findings. We appreciate your contributions with photo proof.
No photo for this species yet
Range map of Lygosoma quadrupes in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are generated automatically based on very limited data we have about the protected sites, the data is not necessarily accurate. Please help us to improve our range maps by sharing your findings/knowledge.