Species of Thailand
Short-tailed reed snake
Binomial name: Calamaria virgulata, Heinrich Boie in Friedrich Boie, 1827
A specimen of Calamaria virgulata was found in Hala Bala Wildlife Research Station by Wildlife Research Division. A photo was posted to Siamensis.org group on Facebook.
- Calamaria virgulata
- Short-tailed reed snake
- Boie's dwarf snake
- Southern worm snake
- Thai: งูพงอ้อหางสั้น
- Calamaria virgulata, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Calamaria virgultea, Larry Lee Grismer et al. (2004)
- Calamaria virgulata, Robert Frederick Inger & Harold Knight Voris (2001)
- Calamaria brachyura, Ulrich Manthey (1983)
- Calamaria brachyura, Hymen Marx (1955)
- Calamaria zamboangensis, Alan E. Leviton (1952)
- Calamaria virgulata, Felix Kopstein (1938)
- Calamaria egregia, Thomas Barbour (1927)
- Calamaria quinquetaeniata, Raymond Justin Marie Despax (1912)
- Calamaria albopunctata, Thomas Barbour (1908)
- Calamaria mearnsi, Leonhard Hess Stejneger (1907)
- Calamaria anceps, Franz Werner (1896)
- Calamaria brachyura, George Albert Boulenger (1895)
- Calamaria lumbricoidea, Hermann Schlegel (1837)
- Calamaria virgulata, Heinrich Boie in Friedrich Boie (1827)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
- Hala-Bala Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Calamaria virgulata in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits and Parinya Pawangkhanant for their help with many range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.