Group Tour | 2-days/1-night in Cheow Lan Lake
This is a group tour offer, for the private tour option, please visit following page.
Please note that you will be joining a group of 10-14 people of differing ages and abilities, and that the floating bungalows can be full during holidays and weekends. The chances to see wild animals gets less with bigger groups like this.
Situated between Khao Sok National Park and Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Cheow Lan Lake has one of the most beautiful scenic views in Thailand. The lake deserves more than one night of stay, but if you only can stay one night, you will still be able to enjoy few activities with this tour. The tour includes stay in raft houses on remote areas of the lake.
A 2 day tour includes boat tours to scenic rock formations, hiking, wildlife watching and kayaking.
- Drop off at local market for 15 minutes shopping (optional)
- Arrive at Rajjapraba Dam, board your longtail boat
- Scenic tour of Guilin rock formations on the way to Kraisorn Raft House
- Check in to raft house (basic bamboo with shared bathrooms). Enjoy a traditional Thai Lunch prepared with rich southern Thai curries, delicious local vegetables, and fruit for dessert.
- Guided hike to see viewpoints on dry season or to a waterfall on rainy season (optional)
- Afternoon wildlife safari by boat
- Return to the raft house for a swim, relax and enjoy the scenery
- Enjoy a delectable dinner of fish, Thai soup, and veggies.
- Rise before breakfast for the morning mist safari, the best time to see gibbons, macaques, and dusky leaf monkeys
- Return to raft house for breakfast
- Explore the surrounding area by kayak
- Checkout from hotel 10 am
Where & When?
The tour starts in Takun town, near Rajjapraba Dam, 65 km from park headquarters at southeast of Cheow Lan Lake. It is easy to get there with buses operating from various destinations like Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi or Surat Thani. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request. This tour is operated all year round.
Krai Son Raft House (traditional bamboo, basic stay)
Krai Son is perched at the entrance to Klong Yee in the center of the lake. It is equipped with traditional style bamboo bungalows (2 pax, double beds) and has shared bathroom facilities on land next to the raft house. It is the only raft house on the lake with a view of sunrise and sunset. Local attractions include a viewpoint hike which overlooks the entire lake, and it is close by to the Klong Saeng wildlife sanctuary which has the best possibility for seeing gaur, gibbons and even wild elephants.
Please note that groups of 3 must share 1 room or pay a 2,500 Baht supplement for a single room.
A group tour costs 2,700 THB per person, the price does not include entrance fees to the national park and VAT.
Tour rates include:
- Lodging, bamboo
- English speaking guide
- Longtail boat transportations
- All meals & fruit
- Drinking water
Tour rates doesn't include:
- Entrance fees to the park
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: Elena, Russia | posted Fri 13 Mar, 2020
We traveled to Cheow Lan Lake this February, and it was one of the best experiences we had in Thailand. The place itself is very beautiful and calm, unlike typical tourist destinations. We liked our simple raft house, nice home-made Thai food, and free kayaks (special thanks for them!). Our guide spoke English very well, and we loved all the places he showed us. We were even lucky enough to see gibbons and wild boars - a great experience for nature lovers like me.
It's a very nice tour for this price - I highly recommend it.
By: Jean Claude COLIN, France | posted Thu 20 Feb, 2020
A very pleasant excursion.
Before departure, contact via Whatsapp was very effective.
Jaja was a very attentive guide, ensuring that everything went smoothly: programming, instructions, security, sharing of food ...
The accommodation is simple, but you announced it to us. We could just hope for a second toilet building.
Thank you for this wonderful trip
By: Patricia Sheehan, Ireland | posted Sun 16 Feb, 2020
We had a marvelous trip and our guide was very knowledgeable and looked after us well. Would definitely recommend the trip to others.
By: Sharen Severson, United States | posted Sat 8 Feb, 2020
From start to finish, the trip was well planned and nicely paced. Beautiful scenery. Great food. A very knowledgeable guide and lots of adventure. I will definitely bring more people back. Thank you!
By: Robert Schiedung, Germany | posted Fri 19 Apr, 2019
Good organized Tour. Very Friendly Guides. We had a pretty nice overnight stay. But we were prepared. All Instructions given before are to be highly considered. It is really hot an humid. Washroom (shower) just one and Toilets just 2 available for about 20 Cabinets. Seems they are building right now a new Sanitary house.
By: Wolfgang Schnaiter, Germany | posted Wed 26 Dec, 2018
Nice guide and boat driver. Nice food and drinking water inclusive. Please clarify sewage its a bad and not green Standard. Care about plastic waste.
Tour operator's response
Thanks for the feedback - we are glad to know you enjoyed the guide, boat driver, and the delicious food.
With respect to plastic waste, all recyclables are separated, and the fresh water is purified by a local company and brought to the raft by boat, as guests don't feel comfortable with an on-site filter.
The sewage problem has been solved today, as they brought a new septic system to the rafthouse.
Your comments are very helpful.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2 days, 1 night
- Type: Group tour
- Price: 2,700 THB per person
- Group size: 10 to 14 people
- Grade: Easy
- Transport: Longtail boat
- Start: 10am (Day 1)
- End: 1pm - 2pm (Day 2)
What to bring:
- Rain clothing, specially on rainy season
- Personal toiletries
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Sok tours
- 2-days/1-night private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
- 2-days/1-night in Cheow Lan Lake
- 3-days/2-nights private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
- 4-days/3-nights wildlife tour in Khao Sok Lake (Klong Yee)
- 2 days, 1 night | Spirit of Khao Sok
- 3 days, 2 nights | Forest room including 1 day Khao Sok Lake tour
- 3 days, 2 nights | 1 night at Riverside Cottages and 1 night at Floating Bungalows