Private Tour | Doi Inthanon & Doi Suthep, 2 days
Doi Inthanon and Doi Suthep National Parks are two of the most popular parks north of Thailand.
Doi Inthanon is known as "The Roof of Thailand", it is the highest point in Thailand at 2,565 meters above sea level. The national park is home to many attractions and a popular destination for birders. The park has a great diversity of forest types throughout different altitudes, at the higher altitudes the forests are humid all year round.
Doi Suthep National Park has a similar habitat, but better known for its longer trails, Karen villages and the iconic Doi Suthep Temple with a naga stairway.
While Doi Inthanon National Park is more popular for its various types of attractions, Doi Suthep is more popular for its long trails and temple visiting.
A private day-tour in Doi Inthanon National Park includes hiking, visiting the highest point in Thailand, Two Chedis, waterfalls and Hmong hill tribe market. The transfer will be with a SUV or minivan, both options spacious and comfortable and with a/c, we use only relatively new cars.
Doi Inthanon has only two official trails which can be walked in around 1.5 to 2 hours (each) of which one is closed during the rainy seasons but there is also a shorter trail near the summit, less than a kilometer long.
While there will be fewer and shorter trail options in Doi Inthanon National Park, Doi Suthep will give the opportunity to walk longer trails of various difficulty levels. If less hiking is required, our guide can adapt the itinerary for your needs by visiting more attractions.
This is an example itinerary. The program may change depending on weather conditions, accessibility issues or any other obstacles. On eventual change of the itinerary we always make sure that the quality of our guests' experience and personal safety are safeguarded.
Day 1 - Doi Inthanon, from 8 am to about 5 - 5:30 pm
- Our guide will pick you up from your accommodation with an a/c SUV or minivan 8 am
- The first stop will be the summit of Doi Inthanon which is the highest point in Thailand, we will drive all the way to the top.
- After enjoying the view we will embark on a beautiful nature trail called Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail, a local guide of the Hmong tribe will accompany us through unspoilt montane forests. When the skies are clear the views along this trail are magnificent.
- After having lunch at a local restaurant we will visit the Two Chedis that have been constructed to honour 60th birthday anniversaries of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit.
- Later on we will continue to the Wachirathan and Mae Klang Waterfalls, along the way we will stop at a Hmong market where products from the Royal Project are for sale.
- In the late afternoon our driver will take you back to your hotel.
Day 2 - Doi Suthep, from 8:30 am to about 5 - 5:30 pm
- Pickup 8:30 am from the agreed pickup location in Chiang Mai City.
- Starting from Wat Phra Lat (Monk's Trail) around 9 am this trail leads first to Doi Suthep Temple for a break and continues from there to Khun Chang Khian Village in Doi Pui. The trail is 12 km long, takes about 5 hours to walk.
- In the late afternoon our driver will take you back to your hotel or other agreed drop off location in Chiang Mai City
Where & When?
This trip departs from your hotel in Chiang Mai City and can be booked all year round. Chiang Mai can be reached by bus, train and flight from various destinations.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2 days
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 2,550 - 9,500 Baht per person
- Group size: one or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: a/c SUV or minibus
- Start: 8 to 8:30 am
- End: 5 - 5:30 pm
What to bring:
- Small backpack
- T-shirt and shorts for daytime
- Long sleeves/Jacket during winter time (Nov - Feb)
- Rain clothing (in the rainy season)
- Hiking shoes with good grip
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent (DEET medicated)
You'll be accompanied by a private guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore Doi Inthanon!
A child up to 4 years old is free of charge. Two or more children up to 4 years old will be charged differently, depending on the number of adults and group size, mainly because a minivan may be needed. Children 5-8 years old will be charged on a cheaper rate, that too depends on the number of adults and group size. Please send an inquiry to clarify.
Please bear in mind that the listed price includes guide, driver, transportation, the entrance fees of 300 Baht per person in Doi Inthanon, 40 Baht per person entrance fee to Two Chedis, 50 Baht per person entrance fee at Doi Suthep, lunch, drinking water, snacks, coffee/tea and a mandatory insurance required from Tourist Authority of Thailand (T.A.T.).
|Pax||Rate per person|
Tour rates include:
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees in both national parks
- Local guide to walk a trail in Doi Inthanon
- Ranger cost to walk a waterfall trail in Doi Suthep
- Transportation by a/c SUV or minivan + driver
- Coffee or tea
- Drinking water
- Accident insurance
- Any other drinks
- Any other personal expenses